Wednesday 20 October 2010

Analysis of a contents page

Analysis of a contents page

I am now going to analyse a contents page for a magazine to find the conventions used within for my contents page mock-up.

This contents page uses media language such as a large masthead, images are darted all around the page and reference to the pages they are featured on. This particular contents page also provides a large masthead with the title “DRUMMER” which I'm assuming is the name of the magazine in this case.

This particular text is a music magazine which appears to focus on the rock genre. It seems to also have a heavy theme with drums which I'm assuming is the primary focus of the magazine. With that in mind I think that this magazine is focused towards the population of drummers. However this could also be a useful magazine for a normal person who listens to this genre of music.

This magazine seems to focus around two colours, red, white and black. This sets a general theme for the magazine which I would like to see through out this magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment