Monday 18 October 2010

Design Ideas

Here are all the mock up ideas and planning I have done for this assessment:

This is the first front cover design I did which I find was not as good as my second version which I created in my opinion.
This is the second front cover design I have made I the one of which I have decided to settle on. I have settled on this because I find that this design feels less compact and much more dynamic than my previous one which restricted everything to the left hand side rather than creating an even spread.
 This contents page mock-up is my personal favourite due to again the less compact feeling it generates plus the Gray coloured areas would feature a repeating pattern rather than a direct image, I have gone for this idea because I think that a large bright image within the center of the screen would create a distraction from the rest of the contents page creating a more difficult environment to read in.
This is the second draft or mock-up of the contents page I created. I did this because I wished to create different possibility's for my final design to be based on. This particular version however I did not like due to the more stuffy layout and the fact this text contained a main image for the background the idea I did not wish to follow.
This is the mind map I did to decide on a name for the magazine and for deciding on the cover lines which I will feature on the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment